30 April, 2010

I Can't Hear It. Repeat. Say It Again! What Is It? Listen To Perdita.

You can tell me as often as you like that I am...unique. You can say it with the same inflection. Tell everyone that will listen that I am just different. I know your lie, I know what it means.
I spent the whole day with these people, being attacked and having my opinions violated. I know what they mean. I stood there and I looked at what they were doing. I ran down the beach to get away from them. You just saw the smiles, the fake, fake smiles to warn you.
I snapped. Something is broken inside and I am not prepared to deal with any more. I am no longer working inside. There is something that doesn't fit any more and it has changed things.
All day, I have heard it. It was a quiet mumbling throughout the day, becoming louder and louder until it has reached the point where I am crying in bed with my laptop's heat scorching my legs. And I am hiding, no longer safe under the covers, with Damien trying to settle me. And it is not working.
It is coming back, that word. No! I don't want it. It is becoming louder and louder and I am scared. Your lips are forming that cruel word and I am sick. It is coming. It is coming. It is coming. freak. Freak. FREAK. FREAK!

No comments:

Post a Comment