26 April, 2010

Trust - How Far We've Come

Paige. I am so very disappointed. For every talk I have ever given to you that you've been too embarrassed to have with your mum, every warning I've given you when I see you leave on Saturday nights, every single MumMoment I have ever had with you and will ever have again there will now be a deep green stain across the highlight. It seems to me that you never listened. I am deeply moved and not in a good way.
Yeah, I'm older than you. That's why you are my Year Nines and you, Paige, are special because you are my baby girl now I've lost Shonna. You don't know her. Don't worry about it. Being older than you also means I have a special responsibility. I run the 'Don't have sex. You'll get klamidia. And die.' rants.
You know that! You've had to sit through endless amounts of them. It would be hypocritical of me to rip into Sam if I was the same kind of person as her. I wouldn't even have been able to say half the things I've said to C or M (even N but that is NEVER going to go anywhere. I will break ALL of his fingers if he touches her, then his toes. Pull out all his eyelashes with a pair of tweezers. The usual) if I'd passed my Vees. No way. I wouldn't even be able to threaten G with mass amounts of duct tape and oak trees.
I'm proud of being a virgin. I know so few girls my age who still are. It's not right and it's even worse that you don't trust my judgment, let alone my sincerity in trying to help you make good life choices.
This is my body and I only trust myself with it. I wouldn't risk that on something I would not be proud of in the morning. So I'll hold on to my virginity for a while longer thank you and I'll trust you not to make the mistake of not trusting me again. How could you not in the first place?

No comments:

Post a Comment