11 April, 2010

Understanding Arnaud du Tilh

Arnaud d Tilh, are you aware that you destroyed the mental health of a women you illegally possessed? Do you know that your actions tore apart a previously happy and well-to-do family?
Do you understand that you are a liar and a thief? There is no honour code low enough for you. So before you die, let's get on with the interview.

Miller: Why did you stay so long in the home of the Guerre's when you could so easily and quickly have made some gain for little effort?

du Tilh: Dost thee not believe that thou art capable of miraculous changes of self?

M: Cut the bullshit and let's speak straight.

T: Prithee esplain thyself.

M: Stop fucking with me. Drop the French accent and ditch the Shakespeare.

T: Ok, fine.

M: Now we're back on topic, explain. Why didn't you leave?

T: I enjoyed the opportunity to prove myself and be able to change. I liked being in charge and having others depend on me.

M: You fail. I distinctly remember telling you to cut the crap. Don't lie to me.

T: Hey, the being in charge bit was true!

M: And the rest?

T: Not so true... Don't judge me poorly for this-

M: I already judge you poorly. You're an idiot.

T: Can I continue? It was because of Bertrande. She's a beautiful woman and a fantastic wife.

M: Yeah, just not yours.

T: Well no, not really.

M: No. Not at all. What made you think you could take over all Martin Guerre's possesions, including his wife?

T: He wasn't using them.

M: Are you SERIOUS! That's your reason? You've got to be joking!

T: Look, when I met Martin in the wars, he'd been gone for years. He'd left his wife and son behind, his birthrights were being wasted. I fought in those crusades too and I barely got a thing out of them.

M: Except maybe a fair wage.

T: Don't be ridiculous. Those wages were piss poor and hardly worth the men who paid them out.

M: Hey, work harder, earn more. You're just a lazy prick who doesn't want to earn what he keeps.

T: You insolent woman! No one is ever to speak to me like that, let alone someone of inferior race!

M: My interview mate, my rules. So you can either shut up and sit down or I can send you off to be decapitated, Red Queen style.

T: Who the hell is that?

M: It's a thing from Alice in Wonderland...Nevermind. Look, I'm kind of bored with you so I'm going to wrap up here. See you around.

T: No you won't, I'm going to die.

M: Oh, yeah. My bad...Well, have fun with that!

T: Wait! Aren't you going to speak on my behalf?

M: No. You get what you deserve. Goodbye Mr. du Tilh and thank you for the *ah hem* pleasant talk.

T: Please? Won't you at least say something?

M: I could but it would harm your chances more.

T: Please! I don't want to be killed.

M: I'm sorry but I don't like you enough. I barely do at all. Play nice in the next life mmkay?

*door shuts*

No comments:

Post a Comment