31 March, 2010

With Love, A Miss Marnie Poem

You Remembered Me
-Miss Marnie-

Sat us down to drink some tea
To choose and save the soul of me
For from my bag here was found
Relief to bury me in the ground
Where my death was ever coming

Still we sat for another minute
Every sign, they had not seen it
Coming but learnt to keep me safe
Yet I did not want and misbehaved
The night was calling so I was coming

Stayed we there to question my choice
And we met but I could not voice
What I wanted, I could not say
Then I left to live another day
Still I felt no sunrise

Sat us down with no more tea
We spoke and planned and you saved me
I wanted not to exist for I could not stand it
Hiding every pain between smiles and wit
Gone is the light in my eyes

The milk is sour, the water cold
It ages my soul far too old
So I lay as though to sleep
And close my eyes just too weep
To save you from another lie

Another day of endless fighting
Inhuman pain and sadly dying
Always to fall and be with you
A cold, still heart but one that was true
Here! My heart is agony! I cry

Take a minute to remember me
O! All the things I made you see!


For Bridget O'Neill (Because I love her)

No comments:

Post a Comment