23 March, 2010

What do I want to get out of Literature? I want to PASS idiot.

What do you want from Literature?
1.I want to learn to analyse the style, structure and purpose of texts including sripts.
2. I want an excuse to read for days on end.
3. I want to complain with the rest of a class about a book being so hard or so boring but secretly love it to pieces and wonder why no one else agrees.
4. I want a marked up ENTER.
5. I want to go home and stay up late reading and re-reading Anabel Lee by Edgar Allan Poe, trying to find out how someone saw something else in it.

Why do you want this?
1. I don't why people write things but I do like getting in their heads to find out
2. I'm obsessed. Tell me I can read and I will. Tell me I can't and I will kill you.
3. I want to fit in. GASP! I'd just like to be one of THEM for a few classes a week. It is way more fun sometimes.
4. University of Melbourne. If they don't accept me, I'll kill myself.
5. I like knowing how opinions are formulated. I also like pedantics. I will read every word and put down every single definition if I have to. I want to know how you came to a conclusion.

Where do you see yourself in the literary profession?
I don't really. I'd love to be a writer but I'd rather explore. I want to get out out into the world, find things, see people, look at dead stuff!
History rules.

Why did you choose Literature?
I decided to do Literature and English to complement each other. Most of the people in my Literature class are doing a double English too. I guess I chose Literature because I wanted to have more to do with words. I love words. Words are amazing, they fascinate me and I can't get enough of them. I wanted to drown myself in hidden meanings and inside jokes. So I chose Literature.

How do you think Literature will help you in your adult life?
I think it will help me a lot with History at university. I'll be better able to understand textbooks and speeches. I'm pretty sure this will also help me write essays and reports really well. I expect it to at least help me put things into context.

I could ask myself more questions but I'm too lazy and have lost interest in this topic...

No comments:

Post a Comment