20 March, 2010

Beautiful Nightmares

Above my bed I have a post and it is an important post. It is important because it is what I wake up to after my nightmares. I read this post every night before I go to sleep. I can no longer stay awake until four am because I am too scared to sleep. I must face my nightmares now and find ways to destroy them.
I must be brave.
When I wake up and I am scared, I turn on the light and read to myself. I remind myself that it was not real, it was not real and it was not real. I keep reminding myself until I believe it. I make a note and then I go back to it the next day.
I look for what I dream of most. I ask myself : WHAT ARE YOU SO AFRAID OF? Then I let it go. I know it will just come back the next night to haunt me again but I know what to do. Letting go, no matter how many times you have to do it, will save you.
Nightmares and grudges are like drinking poison and expecting someone else to deal with the pain.
Let go. You have to let go.

No comments:

Post a Comment