26 March, 2010

I wish...

There is a well and I know where to find it. The bottom is littered with coins. Silver, bronze, gold, silver again. Here we come to see, to feel my dreams. What I hope for. What I want.
Hold the coin. Feel it, round, cold, impersonal. Hold it tightly. Feel it, round, warm, your wish in physical being. Own it, want it, remember why you NEED it. And release. Let go of your dream. Give it away.
Let it fall and keep falling until you cannot see it. Wait for that tiny splash. The one you almost don't hear. Wait for it and tell yourself it was there, you did hear it. Keeps you sane. Gives you hope.
It helps to close your eyes. It is easier to let go of your wish, to put it in the hands of none and no one. When you do take the plunge, putting your dreams out into the world, dance like no one is watching. Even if they are. You fell over? Get up and dance again.
Act like you have it, like it won't go anywhere and you never want it to.
The early bird may catch the worm so it's better to sleep in if you're a worm. It may take it's time but you will have it. It will come to you.
So. I'll hold onto the coin. I'm not ready to drop it just yet. With that in mind, I'll go to sleep so I can risk being caught by the early bird - I need to shove my mattress against the wall later.

No comments:

Post a Comment