24 May, 2010

How Did It Get So Late So Soon?

I don't know, Theodore. Why don't you tell me? I would answer if it were not so late that I could no longer remember the question. Well, for your sake, I shall attempt to proceed.
First there was Dawn and then Morning. Following that there was Noon which was closely shadowed by Afternoon. Dusk was next but quickly moved on for Twilight and then Evening. Lastly, we stumbled into Midnight. That is how it got so late so soon.
Then there is my way of becoming late.
Beloved died. I learnt some bad habits which led to bad actions (for myself and others). This was after starting high school of course- how that ages one! There were several house changes and then VCE set in reasonably fast. What with Revision dashing to my side and then the throes of exams upon me, I was barely able to keep up. That is how it got so late so soon.
There was a lengthy spell of revising (in comparison) followed by a mad rush shower. After that, some toast and then settling into bed. It didn't last long with forgotten laundry becoming unforgotten. There was a brief conversation with someone who wasn't there then an insane need to change the bedding. Once again settled into bed, there was to be no sleeping. Words began to flow. That is how it got so late so soon.
We were born. We learned, we loved. We made mistakes. We had babies, we dreamed secret dreams. We got old and memorised poetry. We lay down. We died. That is how it got so late so soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment