07 October, 2012

For the Man

People who don't have to or choose not to work downright PISS ME OFF. There's a Lebanese kid in my History class who, in the first week of yr 12 together old me he was not going to get a part time job until he graduated university because his parents would pay for his studies and he didn't want to jeopardise his grades. Well guess the fuck what? His grades are slipping without a job anyway because he doesn't have to work for anything. He just expects to get it. I work 20 or more hours a week, I'm a full-time high school student and I'm independent so I wash my own damn laundry. It makes me so mad that, yes I chose to accept 20+ hours of work a week but I make that choice based on the bills I have to pay. True, I was given a car for my 18th but not the money for rego or for petrol or maintenance. So that I can take pretty much every other day off during exams and still have money for rent, groceries, petrol and car repairs, I worked nearly 70 hours in 16 days. I did not get a two week break, I got the chance to own every other "holiday" I've had and completely ruin my body. So quit your sooking about a part-time job, money is money. Money gives people choices and I get angry because although I've got the money, I have to work for it and working in itself limits my choices. I can't drink on weekends, I gotta stay up until 6.30am when my shift finishes and then I get a couple hours sleep before I have to do homework then start the next 10pm-6.30. People who say they will eventually get around to working (yeah, I'm looking right at you) because they don't really need the money also can go suck a lemon. Yes you do, you need the money and the responsibility and the life experience of taking care of your own life. Who is going to pay for the plane ticket to France? Why do I think it won't be you? Some times the 'best' argument presented is that work is hard and they're just not sociable enough people to do well. They'd just get fired, right? Well guess what dickhead, I am a sociophobe. I am afraid of PEOPLE. Today I nearly hit one of the guys who works with me in the face because he grabbed something near my leg and I like him and I panicked and yet I still choose to have my job at Maccas. You know why? Because it's not beneath me or anyone else to be earning nearly 17.50 an hour. Money is money and even when you're scared, the bills have got to be paid and you have got to find a way to pay for uni instead of living off Daddy's credit card. So blow your paycheck on tequila and bite down on those lemons.

No comments:

Post a Comment