09 July, 2010

O, Relative! (Letters IV)

To Sarah,
I don’t care if you’re family now. You weren’t then and it was the wrong thing to do. Seriously, even in year eight you were trying to hook up with every guy. We were supposed to be best friends and now I’m pretty sure we’re not.
Yeah, we had that whole issue about Bree (Again, friends? I guess not.) but we’d gotten over that. It was actually bearable to live with you again and we were even up to inside jokes. Special moments and all that jazz.
Now I know you’re just screwing me over AGAIN. I was happy. Depressed maybe, but I was definitely happy. Now I’m going to be the kind of person who judges her friends. Every word will have a second meaning and I won’t trust anybody. I won’t trust you. Why did you have to do that? And why did I have to find out now. You’ve only just screwed up years of memories for me.
Why? Why couldn’t you be happy and have left my life alone? What was it that you wanted? Did you want to hurt me? Make me angry? Well, I’m not. I’m so disappointed though. Impressions mean nothing. You were the one person that I always thought I could read and I always believed you would tell me the truth. You’re a liar and I’m sorry I didn’t learn it sooner. I would never have tried so hard to keep you in my life.
There were (and are) plenty of fish in the sea so why couldn’t you have stayed away from my Nemo?
Quit complaining about your pains. You know that you aren’t losing weight the right way. You’re hurting because you aren’t eating right. You are starving your body and it is responding in a negative way. Do the right thing by your body and it will show its appreciation. Don’t and it will keep sending you signals to tell you that there is something wrong.
If you won’t do that, go see a doctor. Get painkillers or advice and then SHUT UP. It doesn’t matter and you’re fine for now.
Don’t talk about yourself the way you do. Don’t talk about guys the way you do. You complain that you always end up in relationships with jerks. That’s because every guy either has had sex with you or knows how to convince you to. You’re turning into a broken person and I don’t like it.
Enjoy your childhood. You can claim to be a mature adult but I don’t think you are. Yes, you went back to school and I’m proud. That does not mean you are mature or an adult. It means you’re ensuring that you don’t miss opportunities because of an educational disadvantage. You are unlikely to get a place in your chosen workforce due to the influx of students in that area. You need to be realistic.
You will never be the same person in my mind ever again. I wish you hadn't stayed last night.
Your Sister,
Amy.

No comments:

Post a Comment