11 July, 2010

Explaining Down the Rabbit Hole

I could discuss my other dream but it was fairly erratic. It was also like Down the Rabbit Hole in that it was not a nightmare but more a dream that made me sad. So I will not be discussing Film in Schools. I will give an explanation to Down the Rabbit Hole instead.
I am at the beginning of something (dawn, baby Jorba) and am at peace (the proverbial olive branch) with my life. I’m comfortable with starting things for the first time or beginning things all over again. I am distracted by something captivating (butterflies) and it has coerced me into leaving a part of myself (Jorba) behind in pursuit of that something.
The forked roads and trees with black leaves made me think of a Robert Frost poem. The poem was about choices, particularly the choice between what is right and what is easy. Again, I was distracted by the butterflies and ignored which choice I made. This is about me being uncertain as to my ability to discern the difference between my choices. I run with my choice but am quickly abandoned (butterflies fly away [...party in the U.S.A...]). I am the kind of person who will choose what appears important and there are many people who will stand by me for it. When it proves itself to be a choice of hard work, more people will leave than will stay and I am alone in my beliefs.
I face criticisms but never give in to them (not feeling the cold ground) because I will not forsake my identity. The sunlight does not gently light my way but illuminates large areas and hides others. I show no fear of this. My dream self knows as my real self does; I can’t know everything but I can know enough to make life easy. The mushrooms are a symbol of things that are not as they seem. The mushrooms are poison, the bread rolls are not. I have to be wary of something trying to deceive me.
I can be led to water (the growing river) but not forced to drink; my decisions are my own. I have been given an opportunity of some sort and it is my decision as to whether or not I take it. I do and it turns sour (the net). I am dragged under but I make the most of my unfortunate situation. I talk my way out of a problem. I was not (forgive me) surprised by that talent showing itself. Next I am thrown slowly over a waterfall. This part of the dream shows how I struggle when I am not in control.
The four items I stole intrigued me. The first symbolises (to me of course) that I am losing touch with my friends. I recognise these people who are so important to me but I don’t know who they are (yearbook with no names). The people who are important to me are falling away. I have lost time (broken watch); years have gone and have been wasted. I am unsure about the name. I don’t know anyone named Amelia Sullen. Amelia always makes me think of the female pilot. I have a mild fear of flying though. It is possibly why I have never flown anywhere. Sullen implies a bad temper. So, flying and a bad mood...Mood swings? I’m constantly irritated lately and it is beginning to annoy me. Something is now growing (seeds) from this anger. Whatever it is is becoming more corporeal and important. I tried to displace my anger (throwing the seeds) and they attached themselves elsewhere. I can’t get rid of the anger in my life. I don’t know what to make of the fruitcake unless I relate it directly to myself. I don’t see myself as crazy but I know I’m at least a little odd.
The pig is how I see (most) others. They are brutish animals trying to disguise themselves. They want to take something from me and break me down. They want my individuality. Under pressure (the Dalmatian) though, others will break where I will bend and I will (literally here) have to pick up where they leave off.
I find others to be ostentatious (castle) and this makes me feel as though they are deliberately trying to belittle me. The woman in white suggests purity but also that I have learned. I did not trust her appearance and instead took precautions (tipping out the wine) and it saved me. My connection to life (the flower) is not beautiful (colourless) but it is strong (elephant reference). Recognising it is startling and throws me off balance. My show of (forgive me again) surprise is annoying in some way to others (the pig) and causes pain. I am distracted once again by a shiny and/or colourful object (the ceiling) and once again go looking for something better (‘forever’).
My enemies or ill-behaving acquaintances (the woman in white) still help me no matter what I do. I tend to make enemies who turn out to be worthwhile friends. Due to my above average communication and social skills, I have infinite (every colour of flower) opportunities available to me. Infinite as in overwhelming (passing out). Too often I let people take advantage of my care and hospitality. At times, it leaves me drained (nauseous, bleeding) and incapable of looking after my own needs. My life has been reduced to nothing (the fires) and there is a gaping hole where something is missing. The dream suggests a fear of this destruction (the falling) but also shows that I am capable of handling it (the landing). I may have been bruised and in pain but I am still alive. I am naively curious (Jorba) of how I know I will always do something insanely stupid (like chasing butterflies) and be sure I will make it out just fine.
Apparently, I told me so.

No comments:

Post a Comment