22 May, 2011

They see me rolling...

This is the first time I've driven twice in one week! I should be shocked, not excited. I am excited though. The last time I drove before this was September last year. SEPTEMBER. Can you believe it? I can because it happened to me.
I used to wonder if I would be able to drive with the memory of mum's accident. I'm doing just fine though and I love driving - what little I get to do. I'm even doing a long day trip on the Friday after this. I love it.
It does mean I'm stuck with my dad for a while. I don't mind too much but he is a bit arrogant and he makes me feel pressured into doing or saying things. I really need the hours though so I'll have to suck it up and be manipulative.
I enjoyed going around the industrial lot today. Now that I actually know how to do things, it's more fun to do them. Of course, I broke the law by failing to indicate or indicating too late, speeding, driving too far to the right and going through an intersection without pausing. Hey! I've only done 8 hours!
I talked a lot whilst driving which was really good for me. I felt calmer and more in control. I also swore vengeance against a lot of drivers on the freeway. They followed really close! And some of them cut me off. Assholes :)
But for the most part, it wasn't a ranting kind of driving lesson. Actually, none of it was. I did get annoyed at my dad but I always do and he was being really on edge which bugged me as the driver. It was a good lesson!

2 comments:

  1. I drove for 2 and a half hours today. But I only learnt a couple of days ago that you can't drive for 2 or more hours in one block! You have to have a break in between. So there's at least 2 hours more I have to do thant the 120. What a fucking pain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I checked out that rule before I started driving. I nearly made that mistake driving to Geelong and back for the day. There's another one my dad told me which I don't think is right; apparently learners can only do 90km on freeways

    ReplyDelete