15 June, 2010

How Can I Believe?

I do not believe in storing irrelevant newspapers in my mother's chest. She can not go to the Bahamas. Do not leave the Travel section of Sunday's newspaper in there. She can not go see any movie currently out or any play or anything. She can not SEE. So do not leave the Entertainment section of Sunday's newspaper in there.
I do not believe in storing the montage of photos of my mother anywhere but on top of my mother's chest. Do not leave the frame on a set of speakers. That is insensitive and of poor judgement. My mother will not be remembered by a set of speakers but rather the few things of hers that we keep in that chest. You insult not only my mother but also myself by leaving her image elsewhere.
The possessions in that chest were in perfect disarray. Every time I removed an item, I returned it to the exact same place in the exact same way. Every item had a place that was no place to anyone but myself and my mother. We knew where everything went and how. You had no right to organise the last true piece of her, the one thing I had left that was so Carolynne that it astounded me. Now it is you. It is clean and tidy Catrina. You folded and organised everything. My mother is no longer in the chest.
You have no idea how much that hurts. No person can understand how much this is hurting me. You just killed my mother all over again and it was an accident. I can't even blame you.

No comments:

Post a Comment